Autumn alternatives to Coffee To Go:
There is nothing better than a trip to the colorful autumn forest! If the temperatures drop outside, it's even nicer to have something warm to hold onto to warm your frosty fingers. We're all familiar with coffee and tea to go, but what other tasty warm beverages are available to go? We want to add some variety to your To Go mug, so we've put together a few hot drink tips for you.
· Pumpkin Spice Latte
· Mulled gin
· Hot coconut chocolate
Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you've never tried a Pumpkin Spice Latte, it's high time you did. This orange flavor explosion is a true "it" drink for cool fall and winter days for a reason. This aromatic specialty coffee is just the thing to combat the autumn blues and rainy weather. So grab your warm jacket, an Insulated bottle and then head out into nature for a round. The various spices are guaranteed to lift your spirits in no time and warm you up properly outside, too. Find out how to prepare the hot drink to go here:
Ingredients for one jar:
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch clove powder
- 250 ml milk (e.g. cow's or oat milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar/ agave syrup/ honey
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree (instructions below)
- 25 ml espresso
1. Mix the spices with the sugar or other sweetener. Mix in pumpkin puree until well blended.
2. Heat milk or alternative and pour into your insulated bottle or mug. Add espresso and the spice syrup and mix well.
Make your own pumpkin puree for Pumpkin Spice Latte:
You can easily make pumpkin puree yourself. Take an organic Hokkaido pumpkin, because you do not have to peel. Simply hollow out and cut into cubes, cook until soft and then puree. Done.
Probably the trendiest hot drink in 2022: mulled wine was yesterday, here comes mulled gin! If you're tired of mulled wine, Feuerzangenbowle or Glögg, you might want to warm up with a Glüh Gin at a winter barbecue at the lake with friends. Glüh Gin is also the right warm drink to go for you if mulled wine and punch are too sweet for you, because it comes without added sugar or other sweeteners. So then you can start glowing:
Ingredients for four glasses:
- 400 ml organic apple juice
- 400 ml organic orange juice (or squeeze 2-3 oranges yourself)
- 4 stick cinnamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 100 ml Gin (or more, depending on how strong you want your mulled gin to be in the end ;-))
This is how you prepare the mulled gin:
1. Simmer apple juice together with orange juice and spices in a saucepan for about 15-20 minutes. Do not boil!
2. After this time, scoop out the spices and then pour in the gin.
3. Pack your mulled gin in a large insulated bottle and gather with your friends.
Hot coconut chocolate
Who doesn't love it: hot chocolate is security in liquid form. It is also a wonderful companion on an autumn walk alone or with the kids. If you'd like to try a new twist on the classic, try our recipe for hot coconut chocolate:
Ingredients for 4 small servings:
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 100 grams fair trade dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gram organic whipped cream
- Use shredded coconut or coconut chips for garnish.
1. Coarsely chop the chocolate.
2. Put the coconut milk, cream and condensed milk in a saucepan and heat.
3. Now add the chocolate and stir until it is completely dissolved. Now bring to the boil once while stirring.
4. Then remove from heat and stir in the coconut syrup and vanilla extract.
5. Pour into your thermos and take with you.
Psst: Since March, ECO Brotbox has also a great insulated mug - for small and large adventures with warm drinks on the go.